Would you like to be responsible for providing applied research and diagnostic lab services for Plant inspection, Plant certification, and Plant disease survey programs and serving as Plant Pathology lab manager, providing supervision and organization to plant pathology labs and greenhouses? The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture has an immediate need for a Plant Inspection Program Specialist! Apply today!
Work includes macroscopic, microscopic, serological, molecular, and bioassay tests of diseased plants to detect and identify fungi, bacteria, nematodes, viruses, and virus-like organisms. You will serve as Plant Pathology lab manager, providing supervision and organization to Plant Pathology labs and greenhouses, overseeing maintenance and upkeep of lab equipment including coordination of maintenance contracts, purchases orders, etc. and maintaining inventory databases.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
• Full-time employment.
• Salary: $61,868.00 - $93,966.00 annually
In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
• Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday, with 30-minute lunch.
• Occasional travel may be required for site visits, meetings, and training or conference attendance.
• Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time, up to 3 days a week. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
• US Citizenship or Permanent residency required for this position
• Please use the link to apply for a job: