- Dates offered: March 2, 2023
- Maximum course enrollment: 20
- Length of time: 1 day - virtual
The TaqMan probe real-time PCR basics workshop is being offered for the first time in 2023. The workshop will be a virtual lecture. The lecture will introduce the basic principle of TaqMan Probe Real-time PCR, knowledge about the instruments, assay design / development, and method validation. Regarding applying the knowledge in problem solving, examples from our practices will be discussed in, e.g., methods for detection of HLB (aka. Citrus greening), Citrus Variegated Chlorosis (CVC), Bacterial Blight of rice.
Pathogens exemplified in the lecture include:
- Huanglongbing, aka. Citrus Greening (“Candidatus” Liberibacter asiaticus)
- Citrus Variegated Chlorosis (Xylella fastidiosa CVC strains)
- Bacterial Blight of rice (Xanthomonas oryzae oryzoe vs. X. oryzae USA strains)