Meeting of the 68th Annual Conference on Soilborne Plant Pathogens (formerly Soil Fungus Conference) and the 53nd Annual Statewide California Nematology Workshop
March 28-30, 2023
University of California Cooperative Extension
1432 Abbott Street,
Salinas, California 93901
After one year of cancellation and two years of meeting remotely in 2021 and 2022, we will meet in-person in Salinas, CA in March 2023.
Come and meet with colleagues working on various aspects of soilborne fungal pathogens, nematodes and diseases- from the molecular to the applied. This meeting is very informal and loosely structured, allowing lots of time for discussions and interactions.
Highlights will include:
- Field trip of strawberry and leafy vegetable production in Monterey County, including Spencer Farm and new USDA-ARS facilities on Tues. March 28. Separate field trip tickets required, limited to 50.
- Social/Dinner Weds. evening March 29 at the National Steinbeck Center
- One and a half days of scientific presentations March 29-30, including keynote talks, TBA
- Meeting of the California Nematology Workgroup
- Student travel scholarships available- see website. We will offer two $700 scholarships, deadline Jan. 30, 2023
Registration can be made on Google Forms (https://forms.gle/dhYh5dRtkePSaUX58)
Payment can be made by credit card or Paypal on Eventbrite (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/meeting-of-the-68th-annual-conference-on-soilborne-plant-pathogens-tickets-443005339897)
or checks can be sent to our treasurer Dr. Andreas Westphal, Kearney Agricultural Research & Extension Center, 9240 S Riverbend Ave, Parlier, CA 93648. 559-646-6555. Field trip will require a separate ticket ($55). Hotel information is posted on the website.
Hope to see you there
Research Plant Pathologist
Rm. 363 Johnson Hall
Washington State University,
Pullman, WA 99164-6430
Phone 509 335-7077
Fax 509 335-7674